expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

HERE'S WHAT PIPPA MIDDLETON EATS EVERY DAY

Three square meals a day, and moderation in all things.​
Pippa Middleton's toned frame is every bit as enviable as that of her older sister, Kate. But whereas the Duchess of Cambridge owes her fit physique to the Dukan diet and a variety of outdoor exercises like swimming, running, and rowing, Pippa leads an especially active lifestyle that requires a greater intake of controlled calories.
"I try to eat wholegrain, energy-fuelled carbohydrates and three meals a day," she told Hello Magazine. "I also increase my portion sizes based on my training level, with lots of brown rice, lentils, quinoa and sweet potato, and for breakfast, porridge and rye toast."
The 32-year-old recently completed the Birkebeiner 33-mile cross-country ski race in Norway, a charity race that benefits skiers with disabilities. She previously completed the Otillo Swim-Run Championship, a 47-mile race that includes swimming through freezing waters and running through difficult terrain. Her diet, therefore, adjusts based on these fitness challenges. 
"I don't get fussy, though, because I enjoy food too much. But a week or so before an event I'm quite conscious of eating really nutritious foods to store energy and I cut out alcohol, refined sugar and processed foods."
When she's not preparing for a race, Pippa lets herself indulge a bit, as long as she follows the golden rule of everything in moderation accompanied by regular exercise. 
"I grew up with the belief that good health is about moderation in all things, so I'll be celebrating healthy living through exercise, a balanced diet and a little of the naughty stuff sprinkled in — I'm talking chocolate, crisps, and the occasional glass of wine," she wrote in her Waitrose column.
"I know that if I fit in at least three, ideally five, sessions of exercise a week, be it a 30-minute run, an hour's walk or a good game of tennis, it boosts my mood and energy, and helps me sleep and digest better," she added. "So I make it a priority, whatever the weather or my work schedule."
And unlike many other celebs, Pippa isn't a follower of fad diets.
"I've never done Dukan, attempted Atkins or exercised religiously seven days a week, but I do believe in making healthy choices — keeping refined carbs such as white bread and pasta to a minimum, and sticking to sensible portion sizes."

No comments :

Post a Comment