expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

The 10 Most Body-Positive Women In Hollywood

American women find these celebs to be the most inspiring when it comes to body image, according to a new survey of 2,000 women by plus-size clothing subscription service Gwynnie Bee.
Kate Winslet
Kate Winslet is not shy about speaking out about her body and the importance of loving your shape. "As a child, I never heard one woman say to me, 'I love my body.' Not my mother, my elder sister, my best friend. No one woman has ever said, 'I am so proud of my body,'" the 41-year-old actress said, according to Marie Claire. "I make sure to say it to [my daughter] Mia, because a positive physical outlook has to start at an early age.


Beyoncé
Queen Bey is about all things female empowerment—especially loving your body as it is. "We do not value ourselves enough. Especially young people, [who] don't really appreciate, how brilliant our bodies are," she preached in her short film Yours and Mine. Amen to that.



Serena Williams

We've always been big fans of Williams' brand of body positivity. The tennis champ is living proof that what your body can do is what's really beautiful. "I love me and I learned to love me and I've been like this my whole life, and I embrace me, and I love how I look," told Good Morning America last year. "I love that I'm a full woman and I am strong, and I'm powerful, and I'm beautiful at the same time, and there's nothing wrong like that."

Jennifer Lopez

J.Lo is one of those magical humans who only gets better with age. But that doesn't mean the 47-year-old doesn't deal with body image issues just like the rest of us. Earlier this year, she talked about overcoming her insecurities in an interview with HELLO! "I remember thinking I wasn't thin enough because I had curves," she said. "But I've learned that being healthy and feeling great aren't about having one specific body type; it's a completely individual thing."

Jennifer Lawrence

It's no surprise your BFF/spirit animal Jennifer Lawrence has said some pretty inspirational things about loving your bod. The queen of pre-red carpet pizza eating got real about brushing off pressure to look a certain way, according to Vogue. "You have to look past it—you look how you look, and be comfortable. What are you going to do? Be hungry every single day to make other people happy? That's just dumb," she said. (See more refreshingly honest body confessions from J.Law and other celebs here.)

Amy Schumer

Just like her BFF J. Law, Amy Schumer is not shy about talking about her body, flaws and all—and slamming body shaming trolls when needed. After appearing naked on the cover of Entertainment Weekly, she Instagrammed a photo of her cover with the caption: "I want to especially thank @EW for not airbrushing me. For real very cool. Thank you. Proud size 6 yo!"

Kelly Clarkson

The singer is no stranger to struggling with her weight—all in the public eye where she's a major target for body-shamers. "I've just never cared what people think," she told Heat magazine when asked about Twitter trolls commenting on her weight. "It's more if I'm happy and I'm confident and feeling good. That's always been my thing. And more so now, since having a family–I don't seek out any other acceptance." (See more celebs who give the middle finger to body shamers.) 

Oprah Winfrey
Oprah is also seasoned at dealing with body-shamers in the media. In an essay for O Magazine she wrote: "I think of all the years I've wasted hating myself fat, wanting myself thin. Feeling guilty about every croissant, then giving up carbs, then fasting, then dieting, then worrying when I wasn't dieting, then eating everything I wanted until the next diet. All that energy I could have spent loving what is." Pretty powerful stuff.


Adele
Queen of all things graceful, Adele doesn't let critics get to her. In a 2015 interview on Sirius XM, the powerhouse singer said: "I do have body image problems, but I don't let them rule my life, at all. And there's bigger issues going on in the world than how I might feel about myself and stuff like that." Right on with the perspective, Adele. (She also knows how to keep it really real and shows that working out sometimes sucks.)

Melissa McCarthy

Clinching the survey's title of most influential woman when it comes to body positivity is actress and everyone's favorite funny girl, Melissa McCarthy. The plus-size designer pretty much sums it up in an interview with Redbook earlier this year. "With women, there's this constant weird cultural thing where we're always supposed to be comparing ourselves with one another. Who wore it best? Whose butt's better?" she says. "Instead, how about if everyone wins? How intensely boring would it be if we were all the same?" Mic drop.

source:shape

No comments :

Post a Comment